Local History & Genealogy
Monson Free Library Archives consist of primary resources and secondary materials on the history, genealogy, and culture of Monson and the surrounding communities. In addition, there are the historical records of the Monson Free Library and Reading Room Association.
The Archives is staffed on 2pm-8pm on Wednesdays and 1pm-8pm on Thursdays or by appointment, please contact Christina Gilligan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection materials include:
- Public records on microfilm
- Census and vital records
- New England marriages prior to 1700
- Town and county histories
- City directories and street lists
- Maps and atlases
- Historical and modern photographs
- Manuscript collections of family papers and business records
- Published genealogies
- Various genealogical indexes and specialized research resources
WE ALSO HAVE ANCESTRY LIBRARY EDITION!
Research your family history with this rich collection of records! Must be used in the library, but accessible on your own device as long as you are connected to our WiFi!
Provided by the Monson Free Library