Part-Time Library Technician: Circulation
This is a great opportunity to work in a vibrant atmosphere!
Every Friday & Saturday, 9:00-2:00pm.
Additional hours possible to fill staff vacations and special events.
- Uses automated circulation system to check library materials in and out, place holds, and process holds for delivery.
- Performs a variety of circulation desk duties including processing patron registration, researching overdue and lost items, assisting with reader’s advisory and basic reference questions, and processing new acquisitions.
- Assists with information services including proficiency of on-line catalog, databases and other reference materials.
- Assists patrons with public computers, printing, scanning and faxing, as well as troubleshooting basic issues with this technology.
- Performs shelf reading, shelving of materials and shifts materials as required.
- May assist with programs, events and projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Communicate effectively, deal tactfully, and maintain a professional demeanor with staff and patrons.
- Cultivate a welcoming and supportive environment for patrons.
- Make decisions.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Maintain patron confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creativity a bonus!
High school diploma plus a minimum of three years work experience, including one year of library experience; experience working with the public preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Technology experience essential.
Pay rate is $15.30/hr.
To apply email resume to Hope Bodwell at email@example.com.
Only emailed resumes will be accepted.