Library appointments, computer use, and curbside Pickup
We encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Instagram where we are posting all the latest updates about services and hours, Story Time with Miss Sandy, and Qi Gong with Randy.
We are OPEN by appointment!
Starting on Wednesday, October 21, we will be open by appointment only on Wednesdays 12pm -5pm and Saturdays 10am -2pm. You must register for your appointment at MonsonLibrary.com. Click on Calendar of Events and select In-Library Browsing Appointment, In-Library Computer Appointment or Curbside Pick-Up. Appointments are for 20 minutes. We leave 10 minutes between appointments to clean the library.
10 things you need to know:
- Your health and safety, as well as that of the staff, is our first priority.
- Masks are required by everyone entering the library. If you cannot wear a mask or you choose not to, you can take advantage of our curbside pick-up service.
- Appointments are for individuals. If you are bringing your family you must register each person individually. We have to limit the number of patrons in the building at a time.
- Patrons will be asked to use the hand sanitizer that is provided when entering the building. This will allow you to browse with clean hands so the materials you touch do not need to be quarantined.
- You will have 20 minutes to browse or use the computer. You must be logged off and checked out within 20 minutes so we can sanitize the building.
- We are not getting newspapers at this time. Magazines can be checked out and are quarantined, as all items are, upon return.
- Return all items to the book drop outside. Do not return items inside the building.
- If you are only picking up items on hold, we ask that you continue to use curbside pick-up. Curbside pick-up is available for anyone to use and we do encourage it!
- If you are using the computer and you are not computer-savvy, we ask that you bring someone to sit with you as staff cannot provide technical assistance at this time.
- If you need something printed, copied or faxed, if possible, email the document to us, MonsonFL@cwmars.org, and we will take care of it and put the documents in an envelope for you to pick-up curbside.
How Curbside Pick-Up works…it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Put your items on hold through the online catalog. Not tech savvy or don’t know what you want….send us an email at MonsonFL@cwmars.org or give us a call at 413-267-3866. Staff are happy to help with recommendations!
2. Staff will be answering phones and gathering your requests during our modified hours, Tuesday and Thursday 10am – 8pm, Wednesdays 10-5 and Saturdays 10am-2pm. When your items are ready to be picked up, we will call you to arrange a time or if you get a text or email, log on to MonsonLibrary.com click on Calendar of Events and schedule your pick-up time!
3. Please arrive at your scheduled time, items will be waiting in a bag with your last name on a cart near the outdoor book drop. If others are at the cart, please practice social distancing. In the case of bad weather, we will have a table in the vestibule.
Frequently Asked Questions
CWMARS answers many of your questions HERE.
Are there fines since the Library has been closed?
No. There are no fines assessed from when we closed on March 13 until July 1.
What if I have old fines over $10 or lost items?
If a patron is not in good standing because of fines or lost items, we are asking that you pay online by logging into your record in the online catalog.
Can I fax or print something during this curbside pick-up phase?
Yes you can. Printing and faxing are available for documents that can be emailed to us at MonsonFL@cwmars.org Emailing personal documents implies confidentiality on the part of the MFL
How do I return items? I recently returned items and they are still on my record?
You can return items through the outdoor book drop only. Returned items are quarantined for a minimum of 48 hours before we check them in so please be patient.
Are you accepting donations?
We are not accepting any donations at this time, or for the foreseeable future. We appreciate your kindness in wanting to share items but this is not the time to share.
What if I can’t get to the library? We, as always, provide the “Library @ Your Door” delivery service for anyone who cannot get to the library. We deliver every 2 weeks and it is very safe with no contact. Call to schedule a delivery, 413-267-3866.
Can I use the Community Room? In an effort to keep you healthy, we are not using or taking reservations for any programs in the Community Room at this time.